Автор: Robert Frank
Название: The Return of The Economic Naturalist
ISBN: 0753519666 ISBN-13(EAN): 9780753519660
Издательство: Random House
Цена: 517 р.
Наличие на складе: Есть у поставщика.Поставка под заказ.
Описание: The Economic Naturalist is back with a whole batch of intriguing new questions and answers, drawn from his "New York Times" columns, that reveal how we
really behave when confronted with economic choices. Do tax cuts for business owners really stimulate employment? Why shouldn't we just leave everything to the market? And why
do we all save so little? Discover the answers to these and many more questions. With his trademark plain-speaking wit and insight, Robert Frank shows through dozens of examples
how our personal choices about everything from paying for food and housing to large-scale policy decisions about taxation and the regulation of markets all boil down to the same simple
economic principles, often resulting in the same wasteful mistakes.
He shows that while our desires may be boundless, the resources necessary to satisfy them remain limited
and argues that choices are always best made pragmatically - by carefully weighing the costs and benefits of competing options. This is a fascinating, entertaining and revealing
collection full of insights that have more bearing than ever on our bank balances and our personal happiness.
Автор: Frank Robert
Название: Riches to Rags: The Rise and Fall of America`s Rich
ISBN: 0307589897 ISBN-13(EAN): 9780307589897
Издательство: Random House (USA)
Цена: 1704 р.
Наличие на складе: Поставка под заказ.
Описание: high-beta rich (hi be'ta rich) 1. a newly discovered personality type of the America upper class prone to wild swings in wealth. 2. the winners (and occasional losers) in an economy that creates wealth from financial markets, asset bubbles and deals. 3. derived from the Wall Street term "high-beta," meaning highly volatile or prone to booms and busts. 4. an elite that's capable of wreaking havoc on communities, jobs, government finances, and the consumer economy. 5. a new Potemkin plutocracy that hides a mountain of debt behind the image of success, and is one crisis away from losing their mansions, private jets and yachts.
The rich are not only getting richer, they are becoming more dangerous. Starting in the early 1980s the top one percent broke away from the rest of us to become the most unstable force in the economy. An elite that had once been the flat line on the American income charts - models of financial propriety - suddenly set off on a wild ride of economic binges.
Not only do they control more than a third of the country's wealth, their increasing vulnerability to the booms and busts of the stock market wreak havoc on our consumer economy, financial markets, communities, employment opportunities, and government finances.
Robert Frank's insightful analysis provides the disturbing big picture of high-beta wealth. His vivid storytelling brings you inside the mortgaged mansions, blown-up balance sheets, repossessed Bentleys and Gulfstreams, and wrecked lives and relationships:
- How one couple frittered away a fortune trying to build America's biggest house --90,000 square feet with 23 full bathrooms, a 6,000 square foot master suite with a bed on a rotating platform--only to be forced to put it on the market because "we really need the money."
- Repo men who are now the scavengers of the wealthy, picking up private jets, helicopters, yachts and racehorses - the shiny remains of a decade of conspicuous consumption financed with debt, asset bubbles, "liquidity events," and soaring stock prices.
- How "big money ruins everything" for communities such as Aspen, Colorado whose over-reliance on the rich created a stratified social scene of velvet ropes and A-lists and crises in employment opportunities, housing, and tax revenues.
- Why California's worst budget crisis in history is due in large part to reliance on the volatile incomes of the state's tech tycoons.
- The bitter divorce of a couple who just a few years ago made the Forbes 400 list of the richest people, the firing of their enormous household staff of 110, and how one former spouse learned the marvels of shopping at Marshalls, filling your own gas tank, and flying commercial.
Robert Frank's stories and analysis brilliantly show that the emergence of the high-beta rich is not just a high-class problem for the rich. High-beta wealth has national consequences: "America's dependence on the rich + great volatility among the rich = a more volatile America. "
Cycles of wealth are now much faster and more extreme. The rich are a new "Potemkin Plutocracy" and the important lessons and consequences are brought to light of day in this engrossing book.
Автор: Hemfelt, Robert Minirth, Frank Meier, Paul
Название: Love is a choice
ISBN: 185424602X ISBN-13(EAN): 9781854246028
Цена: 759 р.
Наличие на складе: Нет в наличии.
Описание: This guide shows how to break the cycle of addictive relationships and realize that your happiness does not depend on others.