Описание: Spatter, Splash and Swirl Your Way Through History`s Greatest Art Movements step-by-easy step.
Автор: Canducci, Alexander Weir, William Название: History`S Greatest Lies ISBN: 1592333362 ISBN-13(EAN): 9781592333363 Издательство: Rockport/Rotovision Рейтинг: Цена: 1045 р. Наличие на складе: Есть у поставщика Поставка под заказ.
Описание: Points out a lie that is held as a common truth in history, and summarises what we think we know.
Автор: Malia Название: Historys Locomotives ISBN: 0300113919 ISBN-13(EAN): 9780300113914 Издательство: Yale University Press Рейтинг: Цена: 2195 р. Наличие на складе: Поставка под заказ.
Описание: Presents a comparative history to the revolutionary tradition in the West as it evolved over many centuries and reached its logical culmination in the Communist revolutions of the twentieth century. This book interprets the origins and history of socialism as well as the meanings of the Russian Revolution, the rise of the Soviet regime, and more.
Автор: Malia, Martin Название: History`s locomotives ISBN: 0300126905 ISBN-13(EAN): 9780300126907 Издательство: Yale University Press Рейтинг: Цена: 3292 р. Наличие на складе: Невозможна поставка.
Описание: A comparative history devoted to the revolutionary tradition in the West as it evolved over many centuries and reached its logical, though extreme, culmination in the Communist revolutions of the twentieth century.
All of the weird, wonderful, and amazing tales of cars and the characters who drove them.
The automotive world is filled with crazy stories, mysteries, myths, rumors, and legends. Here are just a few covered in History's Greatest Automotive Mysteries, Myths, and Rumors Revealed.
- After James Dean's death behind the wheel, parts of his car were sold off -- and cursed their subsequent owners.
- Bonnie and Clyde almost exclusively stole Ford V8s as their getaway cars because they were the fastest cars of their day. Clyde Barrow even wrote Henry Ford a thank-you note for his unsuspecting help.
- Peanuts in the shell are considered bad luck at NASCAR races.
- James Brown's wife once claimed diplomatic immunity when fighting a traffic ticket because her husband was "the ambassador of soul."
- Harry Houdini learned to drive late in life only because he needed to get to an airport for a stunt, and it was the only drive he ever made.
- There is a myth of a 200-miles-per-gallon carburetor that oil companies and auto manufacturers are rumored to have kept hidden from the public.
- A mechanic working in a car's trunk was once mistaken for a kidnapping victim.
History's Greatest Automotive Mysteries, Myths, and Rumors Revealed covers every aspect of the intersection between people and their machines. The racing, manufacturing, crime, pop culture, and mechanical lives of cars are explained, along with the shockingly poor judgment of some human characters. Separate the fact from the fiction and learn where the truth lies
ООО "Логосфера " Тел:+7(495) 980-12-10 www.logobook.ru